If you have no water during the cold weather or your water pressure has dropped so there's only a trickle coming out of the tap, don’t panic.
What do you do if you have frozen pipes?
• Find your internal stop tap and turn it off.
• Drain the cold water system only by flushing the toilet and opening cold taps over sinks and baths
• Check pipes for signs of damage and if it’s safe to do so, slowly thaw the frozen pipe with hot water bottles or a towel soaked in hot water, starting at the end of the pipe.
• Never use a naked flame or blowtorch to thaw a pipe.
• Switch your stop tap back on and check your water is running properly again.
• If you are unsure of anything at any time, call a registered plumber.
IWNL are working hard to help keep you safe and to ensure we can continue to provide you with the highest standard of water and waste water services during these challenging times. To find out more click here.
IWNL is regulated by Ofwat who are the economic regulator of the water and sewerage industry in England and Wales.
IWNL know there is a lot to do and remember when you're moving. Our handy hints and tips make it easy for you to keep us informed.
If you haven't already, complete our online form to register for your IWNL account and manage your water usage and pay bills quickly and easily.
Find out if IWNL supply your area and compare our charges against other suppliers.