What is CON29DW?
The official CON29DW Drainage and Water Enquiry offers homebuyers complete peace of mind by identifying all the risks that a property may face in relation to the ownership and location of sewers and water mains.
Our search has helped prospective homeowners avoid thousands of pounds in unexpected maintenance bills and uncovered problems that had the potential to dramatically reduce property values.
Each CON29DW search includes the follow ing key information about property and land, helping homebuyers make a more informed choice about a property purchase.
- Details of water and wastewater services at the property ? not all properties are connected to the public system
- The location of public water mains and sewers in the area ? important if an extension is planned
- The existence of any agreements or consents that may affect the enjoyment of the property
- Information on the risk of internal flooding (e.g. from overloaded nearby public sewers)
- An analysis of the risk of receiving low water pressure, together with possible remedial measures
- The location of nearby sewage works - to help determine if odour or noise may be a problem
- An assessment of water quality.
What information will the search provide?
- Detailed information taken from Independent Water Networks technical and asset database.
- Coloured location plan, showing water mains, public foul and surface water sewers currently on record in proximity to the property.
- Verification of Building-over Agreements.
- Details of relevant Adoption Agreements, on new property developments.
- Billing and metering information.
- Additional contacts if it is not the responsibility of IWNL
How much does the search cost?
Domestic premise search: £65 inclusive of VAT
Commercial premise search: £110 inclusive of VAT.
A help desk service is available on 02920 028 711, from 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am - 1pm on Saturdays, or email: CON29DW@iwnl.co.uk
How to order the search
How long will it take before I receive my search results?
We will issue out the search results within ten working days of receiving payment.
How is the report delivered?
The report results are sent by Royal Mail. Alternatively, reports can be returned by email in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat files).Please supply an email address and populate the "receive results by email" field on the application form.
What if I have a query?
If you have any questions arising from the results of the report, please send your enquiry to CON29DW@iwnl.co.uk. Alternatively call us on 02920 028 711, from 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday and 9am - 1pm on Saturdays.