IWNL Water Property searches
If you need help in identifying the location of existing water mains and sewers, you can get this information from a property search provider.
IWNL has its own Property Searches team. They can carry out an asset location search, which provides information on the location of known IWNL clean and/or wastewater assets, including details of pipe sizes, direction of flow and depth. Please note that there is a charge for this service (see Con29 section below for details).
Alternatively, you can view a map for free and establish the position of these assets at our office in Ellen Street, Cardiff.
To book an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org . or call on 02920 442 716 between 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday - please note, you may be asked to send an email to arrange your appointment.
The offices are at:
What is CON29DW?
The official CON29DW Drainage and Water Enquiry offers homebuyers complete peace of mind by identifying all the risks that a property may face in relation to the ownership and location of sewers and water mains.
Our search has helped prospective homeowners avoid thousands of pounds in unexpected maintenance bills and uncovered problems that had the potential to dramatically reduce property values.
Each CON29DW search includes the follow ing key information about property and land, helping homebuyers make a more informed choice about a property purchase.
- Details of water and wastewater services at the property ? not all properties are connected to the public system
- The location of public water mains and sewers in the area ? important if an extension is planned
- The existence of any agreements or consents that may affect the enjoyment of the property
- Information on the risk of internal flooding (e.g. from overloaded nearby public sewers)
- An analysis of the risk of receiving low water pressure, together with possible remedial measures
- The location of nearby sewage works - to help determine if odour or noise may be a problem
- An assessment of water quality.
What information will the search provide?
- Detailed information taken from Independent Water Networks technical and asset database.
- Coloured location plan, showing water mains, public foul and surface water sewers currently on record in proximity to the property.
- Verification of Building-over Agreements.
- Details of relevant Adoption Agreements, on new property developments.
- Billing and metering information.
- Additional contacts if it is not the responsibility of IWNL
How much does the search cost?
Domestic premise search: £65 inclusive of VAT
Commercial premise search: £110 inclusive of VAT.
A help desk service is available on 02920 442 716 , from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday, or email: CON29DW@iwnl.co.uk
How to order the search
How long will it take before I receive my search results?
We will issue out the search results within ten working days of receiving payment.
How is the report delivered?
The report results are sent by Royal Mail. Alternatively, reports can be returned by email in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat files).Please supply an email address and populate the "receive results by email" field on the application form.
What if I have a query?
If you have any questions arising from the results of the report, please send your enquiry to CON29DW@iwnl.co.uk. Alternatively call us on 02920 442 716, from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.